What does it take to elevate your business from a plateau to a peak? It takes a strategic vision of your entire market landscape. You can trust Lakelet Strategy to provide the experienced point of view that leads your business up a clear path to success. When you can see the entire picture, you can begin to see your business not for what it is, but for what it can be.
We Value Personalization
We believe it takes experience, honesty and the ability to quickly and accurately identify areas of opportunity. We also believe that the most successful strategies begin and end with honesty.
Transparency — We’re honest about what can be done, as we map out realistic but still aggressive goals.
Collaboration — The best results come out of a collective of unique backgrounds, insights and experiences.
Passion — If we don’t confidently believe in a strategy or solution, we don’t recommend it.
Knowledge — We rely on our instincts but leverage the latest industry trends, expectations and analytics to inform strategic decisions.
The People Behind the Professionals
Every member of the Lakelet leadership team cares about your business. We’re dedicated to learning the ins and outs of your specific business, committed to preserving and growing your life’s work and passionate about seeing each customized strategy through to success.
Randy is also a highly skilled interpersonal and inter-operational manager. From founding and running his own startup to holding leadership positions at multi-billion dollar service companies, Randy’s leadership and conscientiousness are invaluable assets to Lakelet Strategy. These skills are also valuable to a number of community organizations Randy is involved with including the Upstate Capital Association, Junior Achievement of Western New York, Institute of Continuing Professional Education and Designated Drivers of Buffalo.
- Certificate in Family Business Advising
- B.A. in Economics from Rowan University
- Executive MBA from University at Buffalo
- Nationally Recognized for Prestigious Board of Directors Recipient from a leading service company in three separate business segments.
- Multiple national and regional awards for management, leadership and performance recognition.
- Published numerous articles.
- Frequent lecturer and moderator in private equity, business development and family business investing.
- Judged on several business plan competitions including Ernst and Young Entrepreneurial Award and J.A. Business Plan Competition.
John is also active in the Western New York community and has been for his entire legal career. As a member of the American Bar Association and New York State Bar Association, John is also active in several other organizations and boards. He’s a Vistage Trusted Advisor, and a member of Upstate Venture Association of New York and the Association for Corporate Growth.
- B.S. from University at Buffalo, Summa Cum Laude
- M.B.A. from University at Buffalo, with Distinction
- J.D. from University at Buffalo Law School, Magna Cum Laude
- Honored as a Leading Private Equity Lawyer (Investment Funds) by Chambers USA and Chambers Global.
- Named Leading M&A Lawyer and Leading Closely Held Business Lawyer by Upstate New York Super Lawyers® in 2015 and 2016.
- Recognized as a Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer (Upstate New York) by Chambers USA.
Before joining Lakelet Capital, Tyler spent a large part of his career in Toronto, Canada, serving as a member of the investment team at a sector-focused venture capital & private equity firm. He also held a position in finance at one of the “Big Five” banks in Canada where he provided event-based loans to support North American financial sponsors and corporations. Prior to his time in Canada, Tyler was an Analyst at Buffalo-based private equity firm where he was involved in several transactions across the niche manufacturing and business services sectors. Early in his career, Tyler was a member of an investment consulting group providing asset allocation and third-party asset manager consulting services to pension funds.
- B.S in Finance from Canisius College
- Participated in the evaluation and execution of over 20 closed deals
- Implemented multiple analyst training programs for recent college graduates
- Holds the AFM (Accredited Financial Modeler) designation